[Libreoffice] Mac OS 10.4 Support

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 17:52:49 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Norbert, *,
>
>> because you can build with a sdk 10.6 and a deployment-target of 10.4
>> (at least that is how I understood the <AvailabilityMacros.h> )
>
> Yes, in theory, but see my other post, or look at the apple developer
> lists. That it only works in theory is the reason why people also
> prefer to keep using the 3.2.6 SDK even on system where you could be
> using the newer 4.x ones.

I'm getting a bit confuse. --with-macosx-target-deployment is aiming
at MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET right ?
That is not solid enough for the reason you stated above. hence the
--with-mac-sdk= which force the use of a particular version of the SDK

I mean, we could use --with-macos-target-deployment to do the task I
assigned to --with-mac-sdk.. but that would certainly not  be more
'consistent'

Norbert