[Libreoffice] DDEInitiate bug

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Jul 25 09:15:58 PDT 2011

Hi Knut,

On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 17:25 +0200, Knut Olav Bøhmer wrote:
> 1. Where can I find the main-loop in LibreOffice

	Ah - that at one level easy - attach a debugger, and watch the
backtrace for a bit ;-) the main main-loop lives inside vcl/ and handles
95% of the application code - living under the 'solar mutex'.

> 2. How do I start a program (LibreOffice) to trace from Visual Studio
> C++ 2008? (I know how to attach to an exsisting process)

	Sadly I don't know. I imagine you need to avoid the splash binary - and
run soffice.bin. I would be tempted to remove soffice.exe rename
soffice.bin -> soffice.exe and debug that way.

	Oooh ! and if you can build / debug on windows :-) perhaps you could
help fix the dumb-ness that we duplicate many megabytes of icons between
soffice.bin and soffice.exe (?) it requires only a small set of hacks I
think.

	HTH,

		Michael.