[Libreoffice] LO Custom properties

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Jul 26 02:47:32 PDT 2011

Hi Swagat,

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 11:45 +0530, swagat sharma wrote:
> Thank you for the support.
> Now I am getting build errors. I have downloaded the all the tarballs
> of libreoffice 3.3.2.2.

	Oh - goodness; 3.3.2.2 is a horribly old code-base; also building from
tar-balls is really not recommended.

	IMHO we need to provide a way for people to "download" the git
repositories in a way that they can understand; apparently using 'git
clone' is too hard for most.

	Swagat - did you try cloning from git by using the http mirrors ?
[ perhaps we should default to that on the web-site or be more
explicit ? ]:

	git clone http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libreoffice/bootstrap.git/

	It would be great to find out how you ended up building from archives
of something so old Swagat - can you help us understand your thinking so
we can improve the docs ?

> I have added all the dependencies by running
> sudo apt-get build-dep libreoffice

	Great :-)

> from solver... failed Fetching dependencies for module postprocess
> from solver... failed Fetching dependencies for module packimages from

	This looks like you don't have the 'postprocess' source archive
downloaded and inside src/ - or at least that unpacking has failed
somehow.

	Without all the code you'll struggle to build it.

	But of course, I'd really like to try to address your trouble with git
- Olivier was suffering the same thing some few days ago and I'm sure
its a common problem (but fewer are brave enough to ask perhaps) :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.