[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #9

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue Jul 26 06:35:27 PDT 2011

Marco wrote:
> == 1 ==
> Changed the handling of slide and shape unique identifiers generation.
> Now the same class used for generating unique identifier by the odp
> format exporter is exploited.

Neat :)

> == 2 ==
> For each slide all animations are exported into the svg document:
> the exported animation elements are the same that are created by
> the odp format exporter.

Interesting - but maybe easier to have some pre-processed subset
first?

> == 3 ==
> Read SMIL documentation section on transition filters.
> In order to understand how to implement the javascript code for
> performing the exported animations, I started analyzing the slideshow
> animation engine.

Hmm - I guess re-implementing larger parts of the animation engine
in JS is out of scope for this project (though of course would be
cool to have) - maybe limiting ourselves to what smil is natively
supported in a browser (e.g.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/svg/svg_animation_with_smil) is
better?

> I attached a patch set based on the master branch, as it was on
> Monday July 7, that includes all enhancements I implemented until now.

Thx a lot, will look into this - please give me a day or two, just
back from vacation. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten