[Libreoffice] About merging and people not paying attention

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jul 27 09:02:57 PDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:35:23 +0200
Robert Nagy <robert at openbsd.org> wrote:

> I would like to ask my fellow developers to be more careful
> about merging and _touching_ files at all that they don't
> understand. During the last two days I had to fix several
> problems that were introduced by merging changes, hell I
> even found files with _conflicts_ in them and the guy who
> pushed it did not even bother to have a look.

Which part of these quotes:

"Brace for impact - gnumake4 to hit master"

"As this changes a lot of low-level build system stuff, there will be
quite few temporary instabilities and problems (esp. on non-Linux
platforms) after the merge."

"If nobody protests, I will merge the branch to master on Sunday
afternoon, so that I wont break the master for volunteers on the
weekend, and so that we have good tinderbox result on Monday."

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Brace-for-impact-gnumake4-to-hit-master-td3192816.html

was hard to understand?

As there is no tinderbox for BSD, you could have at least tried to test
build the feature branch. From the warning email until integration, you
had two days for that. If you would have needed another one, you would
have got it. However, nothing wrt that was heard from you.

Best,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen