[Libreoffice] Calc - a better design ...

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Wed Jul 27 22:07:56 PDT 2011

At 9:42am -0400 Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Anyhow - as text, this is not terribly convincing; drawing on a
> whiteboard would be more so, and with lots of working code - even
> more so ;-) I keep hoping to have time to play with ixion with Kohei
> in this regard.

Actually, as text it is convincing.  So my original analogy to CSS
works, but your example of sum(*array) vs for(i = 0...) and making use
of SIMD is also telling.

Who is working on these particular internals, if anybody?  Do I take
from your last sentence that the answer is "partially nobody"?

I would /love/ to get my hands dirty on exactly this kind of
restructuring and code work ... if only my hands weren't currently tied
to a graduate degree that I also enjoy.  Sigh.

Cheers (and thanks for the extensive reply!),

Kevin