[Libreoffice] How to suggest new features for libreoffice?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Jul 29 06:44:41 PDT 2011

Hi Parag,

	Great to meet you.

On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 13:53 +0530, Parag Agrawal wrote:
> I am an avid Ubuntu user ...
>  So, I was wondering is there a way users can suggest features and
> changes that they would like to see in the future versions of
> libreoffice.

	Yes - it is a very simple flow; you create a patch implementing your
feature, and post it to the developer list - and then we review and
merge it :-)

	If you want to discuss great visions for the future, without providing
any resources to make them happen ;-) then the 'discuss' list is where
to go.

	Out of interest, where did you find the link to the developer mailing
list on the web before you sent your E-mail ? clearly we need to make
the purpose of this list clearer there.

>  Do you have anything similar to Ubuntu brainstorm? or link where I
> can contact you on a specific forum/ webpage?

	We have -far- more good ideas than people to implement them already;
but the discuss list is the place to discuss yours; unless you have code
that is. If you have code, or are actively engaged in building / working
on hacking, then we are -eager- to discuss on this developers list, and
help you out with code pointers, design thoughts etc.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at novell.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idio