[Libreoffice] FYI: Latest Oracle move wrt to OpenOffice.org

Tibby Lickle tibbylickle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:02:48 PDT 2011

It's like throwing out the baby with the bath water - they're just
throwing away so much experience. I certainly wouldn't want to be
facing something the size of LO/OOo without a team who've had to deal
with it before :)

I'm fairly new to LibreOffice and contributing to FOSS but the
community have been highly supportive of my questions and
cluelessness. I am fairly shy online and not very confident in my
coding skills but there is so much infrastructure geared toward
getting newbies to contribute that it has been pretty much painless to
just get straight into it despite the terrifying size of the project.

I think that in part it's the people and in part it's the way things
are being done. It seems a shame to waste an opportunity to integrate
with a community with these advantages.

Eilidh