[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2011][svgexport] weekly report #2

Marco mrcekets at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:37:52 PDT 2011

Hi all,
mainly I spent this week on reading source code and api documentation.
Now I am aware of several properties exposed by the DrawPage,
MasterPage and Shape services. I have created several simple test
presentations with Impress, and then I followed step by step the
svg export process by using the gdb debugger. These tests helped
me a lot in understanding the role of the classes involved in the
export process and their development state.
So I saw that exporting multiple slides into a single svg file
is already implemented, as we can argue by looking into the source
of the exported svg document. There is even a partial support to
master pages. At present for each slide is possible to set up the
visibility of the whole target master page but not the visibility
of a single master page element (background, drawing shapes,
field shapes (that is footer, date/time, slide number)).
Even if such a feature is important I think more important is
making the exported svg presentation browsable, in fact this skill
will provide an immediate visual feedback of the exported
presentation. So I started reading the JessyInk source code and
on the next week I'll go on reading JessyInk code and the main
goal will be to implement the support for navigating the presentation
through the mouse and the keyboard.

Cheers,
     Marco