[Libreoffice] Doubts on Android cross-compilation

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Jun 9 06:12:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 06:59:55AM -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > "configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"
>
> *Where* do you get that error? Already when running the top autogen.sh

Yes, that's configure, so.. ;)

> Or much later, during the actual build? That is not unexpected, nobody is claiming that it would be possible to build LibreOffice even partially successfully for Andoid (or for any kind of cross-compilation) yet. Sooner or later you will run into an error, that needs to be handled, and so on. That is what it means that this is a work in progress and extremely experimental.

Well, I doubt completely cross-compiling is not possible anyway
unless you wrap the commands which check the current system (like in sal)
to use whatever wrapper emulating the environment/ABI (qemu?)

Can one get nfs or some remote fs on a rooted phone/tablet? And/or a
real big(tm) SD card? Then one could compile on the target hardware,
can't one?....

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70