[Libreoffice] Problem with UNC path on Win 7

Frode Severin Hatlevik frodeseverin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 13:11:44 PST 2011

There seems to me to be problematic to use a UNC path for the
documents forlder with OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7. I suppose it might
affect LibreOffice as well. My employer uses OOo, and thus I am unabe
to test with LibreOffice for myself.

Here is a short description of the behaviour:

When using a UNC path for default document storage in OOo, i.e.
\\serverA\shareB\direcoryC, saving a fresh new document, i.e.
'Untiteled1.odf', produces an error message about insufficient
privilieges on \\server\share. This is natural, as I have no access to
this share directly, only the directoryC on this share. I have spoken
to my IT department about this, and they told me that the permissions
on the share are set up according to their standard policy.

The share is on a computer running Windows Server 2003

Have anyone else experienced a similar situation? Does this qualify
for a bug report?

Sincerely
;)Frode

--