[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] fix for a chart crasher

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Thu Mar 3 07:32:48 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 09:42 -0500, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> At first glance, getTickDepth() and getMaxTickCount() read to me as
> requests for non-negative values (from an English/math sense).
> However,
> I note that the return values are sal_Int32 instead of sal_uInt32.

One thing to note when reading LibO's code (and also OOo's) is that, a
lot of code that are written by the Oracle folks avoid using unsigned
integers in favor of signed ones even though unsigned ones would make
more sense logically.  This is the case especially in newer code, such
as chart2 and oox.

I have no explanation for this other than to say that this practice was
probably largely inspired by Java, which doesn't have unsigned integer
types.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc