[Libreoffice] Free JRE for Windows?

Steve Edmonds steve.edmonds at ptglobal.com
Sun Mar 13 12:38:42 PDT 2011

Hi. I am not a programmer but a user and support person for (now) LO on
Windows, Linux and OSX, following development from Star Descktop on OS/2.
We are a small business, we used Lotus Approach in place of Access. If a
"small database" is required and a user pays for MS Office to gain
Access, is he going to use LO in place of Word.

Possibly the reasoning behind Base was to forestall the need for the
user to purchase the alternate suite.
If there was another free cross platform open source alternative to
Access that integrated with LO then LO could probably drop the inclusion
of Base in support of the other alternative.
But then that share of the market may be so small as not to need
considering.

steve