[Libreoffice] Suggestion: Let's switch to using MSVC2010 on Windows for master

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Mar 14 02:01:18 PDT 2011

As those of you who care might have noticed, LibreOffice master doesn't build on Windows currently because of problems with the ICU 4.6 we now want to use. ICU 4.6 comes with prioject files for Visual Studio 2010, that the existing Perl script (icu/createmak.pl) doesn't understand. (It worked with the VS2008 project files the oldr ICU version included.) Instead of wrestling with that, I suggest we just switch to VS2010 as the only supported compiler for Windows.

I think most of the work to support VS2010 has already been done (thanks, jcorrius), so all that is needed might be to just change oowintool to only look for VS2010. And then modify the ICU VS2010 projects to build ICU the way we want, and fix up the ICU makefilery so that it runs msbuild on the solution file instead of dmake on (now no longer generated) makefiles.

Opinions?

--tml