[Libreoffice] nullptr, was: Suggestion: Let's switch to using MSVC2010 on Windows for master

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 05:13:44 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 04:07 -0600, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> is nullptr supported in the gcc versions used on other platforms? So is
> it better to just use 0 cast to the appropriate  pointer type instead?

AFAIK nullptr is part of c++0x and available on gcc >= 4.6.0 in c++0x as
a built-in. It might be available in non c++0x-mode with an extra
include, but as far as I know its not in earlier gccs, so a
static_cast<pointer_type*>(0) is probably the best way to go when it
arises.

As an aside, I tried a quick-hack on the icu issue with adding in a
revert patch of the upstream icu conversion of their .vcproj files
to .vxproj files during their 4.6 cycle, but the fixups of that turned
out to be non-trivial as well, and looked as tricky to pull off as
either

a) writing a full set of nmake .mak files anyway, or
b) writing a .vxproj parser to generate them automatically anyway.

C.