[Libreoffice] l10n based on PO files

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 14 07:30:24 PDT 2011

Hi Andras, *,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exactly. :) Most translators use po files to translate LibreOffice and
> storing those po files in git has more advantages.
> * Many small files vs. one big file / language -> smaller changesets in git
> * English - translated string pairs -> translations can be always in
> sync with English

This is a huge contradiction in itself, isn't it? Having the english
string in each and every file also means that you have to update
*every* file when a string changes, thus your "small changesets" don't
provide any benefit at all. (not to mention how will be responsible
for updating all the files once an English string changes?)

(Besides I doubt there is any benefit wrt changesets when using many
small files compared to one big file)

ciao
Christian