[Libreoffice] GNU cp dependency

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Mar 21 03:44:52 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:22:22AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 08:27 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> > It was not luck, there was some conditional code to use either GNU or
> > straight cp. It may have been a hack though.
> 	Hey - well, if we can do a build with your 'cp' that works, then we
> should tweak the configure check to cope with that. Patches accepted -
> and apologies for the regression, some of these things are almost
> inevitable sadly.

Sure. Moving to gmake is worth it, tho

There are really two things here:
- gcp could'nt be used with the previous build system if it was in a different
  place than /bin/cp . Even if you specified the full path, some files still
  tried to run /bin/cp with gcp-like arguments.
- it is not possible to run a build with a non-gnu cp anymore (I tried once),
  removing the check in configure.in is not sufficient.

With the new build system, gcp has become usable and we're trading a
regression for a fix; there are more important issues with the new build
system such as undefined variables in some Makefiles and I'd like to fix
these first.

Francois Tigeot