[Libreoffice] [Patch] allow one anonymous db range per sheet in calc

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Mon Mar 21 16:38:27 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 00:22 +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Ok,
>

> thanks for your advice. I will rework it but suggest that the static
> method will be placed in ScDBCollection.

Ah, yes.  My finger slipped.  I meant to type ScDB*, not ScDP*. :-P  So
many ScFooCollection in Calc core...  Glad you caught that. :-)

> But there is then there is the question whether an Undo should undo
> the last change in the active sheet or undo the last change in any
> sheet. Note that ,as I see it, this will only affect changes that were
> made with anonymous db ranges.

Normally we would want undo to work unless there is a good reason to
skip it.  For things that are invisible to the user (like the anonymous
DB ranges), however, let's make it undoable if it affects the behavior
of autofilter.  If not, then let's not worry about that.

My only concern is that, when the document is saved, all the anonymous
ranges need to be saved with the document.  When you undo the anonymous
DB creation then immediately save the document, we may save unnecessary
anonymous ranges to the document.  This may not be a big deal in
practice, but is something to be aware of.

> Yes, I tested that. It seems that nTab is a property of ScTable and
> not used to determine the sheet's Position.

Good to hear that.  I wasn't sure 100%...

Kohei