[Libreoffice] first post and patch proposition (condfrmt)

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Thu Mar 24 11:07:09 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 01:05 +0100, Bob wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> It's my first post on this mailing list.
> Until 3 years ago, I posted regulary on french ooo lists. I return on
> the french dev list but it's a nomanland ;-) only 3 messages !
> I think everybody is coming on LibreOffice :-)
>
> I find a hack I've created in 2008. Yesterday, I've worked to finalise
> it. I think it may interest you :
> unlimited count of rules in conditional formating
>
> I'm not qualified for making a patch. Please somebody can help me ?

So, for us to review your nice enhancement and to eventually get it into
our tree, we need it in the patch form.  This is pretty important.

I see that you have the source code that includes your modification, but
do you still have the original source code tree that you based your work
off of?  If the answer is yes, then, you can

diff -urN <path to the original tree> <path to the modified tree>

to generate a single patch that shows all the differences from the
original.

Other than that, I think your approach is on the right track.  This has
been on our mind for quite some time, and it would be great to get your
feature into our codebase sooner rather than later. :-)

Also, it would be nice to know your full name, instead of just "Bob" so
that we can give a proper attribution to the right name.

Best,

Kohei