[Libreoffice] [Pushed] Review needed to try to resurrect "add slide thumbnails to HTML export" part

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 25 14:05:47 PDT 2011

Le 25/03/2011 07:37, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hi Julien,
>
> On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 00:25 +0100, Julien Nabet wrote:
>
> ..
>> I don't know if it's what was expected but i'm sure it needs some
>> reviewing since I added, changed and removed 1 or 2 things from the
>> original patch.
>>
> 	Heh - so, the essence is that the front-page of the slideshow:
>
> - test.html
>
> 	should have a little mosaic of the slides that you can click on (prolly
> this needs some html div/whatever love - perhaps we can ask the
> UI/design guys about that as/when we create the new list for that).
>

>> If this patch is ok, i can of course push it.
>>
> 	Looks fine to me :-) please do push it if it works as I outline
> above ;-)

I checked by creating 20 slides and I got the mosaic. Of course, it
could be better but this page is ok for W3C validation.
So i pushed.

> 	We should also consult the design team as to whether they want this to
> be optional; there is a big white-space for 'options' in the 2nd page of
> the HTML export wizard that we could whack that into. Then again, IMHO
> adding gratuitous options is mostly cowardly (as previously discussed),
> either way IMHO the option should be on by default if it is there I
> think.

I thought about creating a option for thumbnail but i didn't know how to
do it.
Perhaps, it could also be interesting to have as another option only the
thumbnails just to leaf through.
> 	No doubt, there is quite some scope for cleaning up the HTML the HTML
> export dialog generates too in the light of the modern web.

For html, maybe let's begin simple but "W3C correct" for having no
surprise in any browsers. Then just a little css for the magic perhaps :-)
We should define which browser and which version we would support. For
example, IE6 seems quite hated by webdesigners and I fully understand
since I did a little css and had to fight against IE6. But we could
easily support IE (> 6), Safari, Mozilla family, Opera browsers.

Julien.