[Libreoffice] Need a little help with the easyhack "Strip include guards in idl files"

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Mar 28 01:58:36 PDT 2011

Hi Julien,

	This looks nice ! thanks for that :-) should make the IDL and the
generated headers much more readable. Having said that things like:

-#ifndef __com_sun_star_uno_XInterface_idl__
 #include <com/sun/star/uno/XInterface.idl>
-#endif

-#ifndef __com_sun_star_beans_PropertyState_idl__
 #include <com/sun/star/beans/PropertyState.idl>

	Will stick around with lots of pointless whitespace line between the
#includes which is a tad sad :-) [ though way better than before ].

On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 00:20 +0100, Julien Nabet wrote:
> Then I took a look at the directory "ure/offapi". There are about 3700
> files and the strip-guards script lets a lot (more than 3000!) of

	Good isn't it ;-) just think - we compile all that information into the
worlds-worst structured storage format and then fool around inside that
on each launch; and we do that for a load of interfaces that no-one in
their right mind would use from a scripting language, and shouldn't be
published either IMHO. Our UNO foo really needs some love -
particularly, making it possible to use UNO without all that type
information kicking around would be great.

> This time it's too much to do it manually.
> Some idea to improve the strip-guards script ?
..
> I know very little of Perl, does anybody got an idea to avoid to
> process 3700 files by hand ?

	I suggest learning some perl :-) All $programming $languages{are}
{ much alike; } so s/fret/not/ - it'll only take a minute to test & get
what you want (surely) ? ;->

	ATB,

		Michael.