[Libreoffice] [tdf-discuss] Re: EasyHack on EasyHacks

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:24:16 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:

>        I'd also like to hear from some of our new developers that liked that
> page - again, on the dev list.

The easy hack page has hugely grown since I started. I guess that is a
good thing, but in my opinion it's current form is not very practical
nor inviting.

I think that grouping easy-hack by 'nature' and then by difficulty do
make sense. Difficulty is a very subjective measure,
and something that is a 'easy gui hack' for someone may be a daunting
task for someone else... when I was parsing this
list I would first look at the title, then the skill required and
_then_ the degree of difficulty announced - mostly to
verify my first impression based on the previous 2 items.
So, I do like the 'nature' oriented classification proposed, but maybe
we could keep a one line overview of each task with a link for a
dedicated page per task
That way, a given task can be expended with as much information as
needed without flooding the main page, including volunteer's progress
report, declaration of intent and/or
questions/answer section to clarify the task if need be.

That way the main page still give a global overview of all easy-hack,
but become much more readable...
If the task are limited, on the main page to a one-liner, then the ToC
doesn't have to be 3 pages long....

Norbert