[Libreoffice] libreoffice: default debug level

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Mar 30 02:21:44 PDT 2011

Hi David,

On 2011-03-30 at 07:21 +0200, David Tardon wrote:

> in commitu 8fe706327e09764c46dc1813f5e583857fca3d05 you changed the debug
> for --enable-debug from 1 to 2. Please, don't! :)
[...]
> dbglevel    old name        new name
> 0           product         (not necessary, the default)
> 1           non-product     debug
> 2           debug           (forgotten, destroyed,...)

There was a discrepancy between what was in the code, and what was the
behavior - which confused me, so I asked Bjoern, and he told me that the
default was supposed to be 2.  But I agree with the above, so lets do
that ;-)

But still - dbglevel == 1 did not set the -O0, which is essential for
debugging, so I:

- fixed the 'make help' (it now explains the meanings of the debug
  levels
- updated the platform makefiles to set no optimizations whenever the
  debuglevel is not 0

I hope it is not controversial :-)

Regards,
Kendy