[Libreoffice] (no subject)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Mar 31 02:52:19 PDT 2011

Hi Brian,

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 22:23 +0100, Brian Carter wrote:
> Very impressed with the programme (or should I say 'program' ), but, as
> a newcomer to Linux, I found the installation procedure a pain in the butt.

	Can you expand on your pain ? ;-)

	Really - I think the preferred way to install on Linux is via your
vendor's package channel; quite possibly [ if our Javascript gets
cleverer ], we want to start re-directing people from our download page
away from our builds, and towards vendor builds [ if we can detect
vendor + version etc. and get them done in a synchronised way ].

	And - of course; nice patches to improve the linux install / packaging
experience much appreciated. [ Actually, I think Fridrich used to have a
nice yum repo thing that was perhaps sweeter; hmm ].

	HTH,

		Michael [ another IET member ;-]