[Libreoffice] subsequenttests now run headless

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Mar 31 03:41:53 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:50:05 +0100
Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com>
wrote:

> 	Ooh - good point; do the java tests get skipped if we have
> Java disabled ? [ a number of people build that way for speed / ease
> ].

Not yet, but it would not be hard to implement. Although the subsequent
c++ tests are currently only in sal (which has no Java tests). So you
can pragmatically already run those with:

 make -sr subsequentcheck

there.

> 	Otherwise - great write-up; though personally I'd encourage
> writing many more unit tests run during the build, rather than
> subsequent-tests. And of course converting as many of our existing
> C++ tests / workben fragments to similar unit-tests :-)

That is not at all different from my position on unit tests at all
really. I just think we should not dogmatically refuse to use subsequent
tests where they are the pragmatic solution (because a real unit test
is hard or fragile). And the five minutes to run all subsequent tests
in headless mode now are not really any barrier at all.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen