[Libreoffice] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-3.3.99.4 tag created (3.4.0-beta4)

plino pedlino at gmail.com
Thu May 5 08:32:27 PDT 2011

> If you mean the --enable-release-build switch, that has been introduced to
> the master branch only.

This means that it won't be available in the Windows nightlies either
(unless there are plans to build master nightlies, currently there is only
an empty 3.4 folder)

> Please note that we have never tested in practice full-scale what effect it
> has on our build. What if it has some unintended unexpected consequence,
> that didn't show up in OOo's "OOo-Dev' builds? For instance due to our
> multi-lingual installer mechanism. Then we would need to fix that, and
> probably yet another beta.

This will have to be implemented at some point. And the unexpected
consequences will have to rise at some point. If not now then for 3.5... Why
post-pone it? :)

Also, I assume the plan is that beta4 will be ready by weekend. If we would
> cherry-pick the change that introduced that switch to the 3-4 branch now,
> the beta4 build would have to be restarted, and as it takes more or less a
> day especially for Windows, and the working hours are already over today, we
> would not have time to get a build before the weekend.

I see your point. But maybe loosing a weekend would be compensated by
getting more Beta testers and more feedback?

It's always a trade off :)