[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] fix for fdo#36615

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Fri May 20 00:47:48 PDT 2011

> Then it may be better to change that algorithm into something more
> readable and not requiring the list to be sorted?

Something like gperf? Might be overkill, lots of work that I think might need plenty of iterations in setting up the makefilery? Much work for little (?) gain. But of course the gain can be known only by measurement after actually already doing the work;)

But adding a first-time-use sorting of the array should be easy. While at it, why not change it do use some standard binary search, either bsearch() or some C++ thing, instead of the manually crafted one? No, I am not volunteering;) This might even be an Easy Hack, as long as we require the Easy Hacker to verify that the changes work.

--tml