[Libreoffice] about the removing of binfilter

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Tue May 31 02:13:52 PDT 2011

Le 31/05/2011 10:46, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> Hi Jean,
>
> On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 22:51 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>> But the removing of the import of old formats is another story. I am
>> already hearing end-users complaining against this decision.
>
> 	Where, can you give some links to that ?

Ok, my bad English: it is a kind of prediction I did ;-)
And I know well enough users, especially French ones. ;-)

> and why are they still using a file format deprecated for a decade+ instead of ODF :-)

They are not necessarily using a file format deprecated, but probably,
they have archives containing a lot of old files. They never have to
open these files but they want to be able to do. And I am pretty sure
that they don't want to convert their files unless they can keep data
such as creation and modification dates.

Best regards
JBF