[Libreoffice] Integrating EuroOffice Extension Creator into LibreOffice SDK

Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai kami911 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:29:58 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

> Hi Kami,
>
> On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 10:02 +0200, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote:
>> EuroOffice Extension Creator is a LGPLv3 licensed Python language
>> framework for easy extension development. Our Barcode extension also
>> uses it. What about to integrate EOEC to LibreOffice SDK? It would be
>> useful for Python extension developers.
> 	Sounds rather promising :-) clearly we'd want to get an MPL/LGPLv3+
> license on the code,
I started a discussion about licenses. I hope we will have dual license.
Maybe it takes some time for Multiráció (creator of EOEC) depending on
other things.
>  and ensure that it is cleanly integrated and fits
> into the UI nicely - can you ask about that ?
The UI is provided by LibreOffice itself, EOEC uses native dialogs. For
integration work I hope I can help.

> 	Does your barcode extension use it at run-time, or just for building
> the extension ?
EOEC provides a standard and debug mode. If you use standard mode, the
EOEC provides useful functions for extensions for installation, menu
registartion, drawing, etc. In debug mode, the developer can change the
source code then see his chages real-time. So Barcode uses EOEC at
run-time, that provides such functionality also creates the extension.

> 	ATB,
>
> 		Michael.

Best regards,
KAMI