[Libreoffice] Mozilla options situation

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed Nov 2 16:45:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 08:07:45PM +0100, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> There are 3 cases for mozilla:
>  - headers
>  - mozab
>  - nsplugin

AFAIK the headers are only used for the nsplugin, so that's actually two cases.
mozab uses a heabvily patched seamonkey anyway and uses those internal(!) mozilla
headers either way.

> These should provide the independent switches:
> --with-npapi-system-headers (controled also by with-system-headers):
>  this can pull the headers currently at np_sdk from system wether from
> mozilla OR https://github.com/mgorny/npapi-sdk/

ACK. Which probably can reuse much of the old --with-system-mozilla
(pkg-config for mozilla-plugin.pc etc, xulrnner detection etc.)

> --enable-mozab (disabled by default):

ACK

>   this should build the adressbook integration (gosh who sane in mind
> would use that anyway (does it work with system mozilla anyway?)

No. It requires the patched, in-tree, obsolete etc mozilla

> --enable-nsplugin (enabled by default, requires the mozilla):
>   this enables the ff plugin, takes the with-system-mozilla into effect
>   this gets really funny due to all the mutations mozilla can have

ACK.

> Maybe we should even start a branch as this is quite huge change...

I don't think so, it's broken right now in master... If we did it for all
that decoupling stuff, yes, but now it's too late.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70