[Libreoffice] SDK LibreOffice How to get document as object?

Clemens A. Schulz webmaster at csz-online.de
Tue Nov 8 11:53:29 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

> On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 15:55 +0100, webmaster at csz-online.de wrote:
>> I'm currently working on some data format exportation tests with the
>> LibreOffice SDK and Java. I want to develop an addon, which can export
>> the current opened file in another dataformat.
>
> 	Sounds fun :-) if it is a generally useful one, I'd strongly recommend
> doing it as native C++ in the core - it'll be very substantially faster,
> and of course we can then ship it with the core product.

I do not want to write this dataformat to just one file. So perhaps
these filters won't do it. In my case these scenarios are more applicable:

* One opened text document should be stored into several files
(different information in different files).
* One opened text document should be stored to another place than a
local file (raw-data upload on a server, stored into some other
dataformat encapsulated or even stored in a database).

Hope this will help you to better understand my requirements. I even do
not know if it IS possible or not? Perhaps there is no interface for
this kind of data-processing.

>>  I already have some converter-methods, which can be used. The only
>> thing I need is to get access to the opened document in some Java
>> object(s).
>
> 	The normal way to do this would be with some ODF <-> [other]
> transformation in a filter. An example of an import filter that does
> validation, in java is here:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/filter/source/xsltvalidate/XSLTValidate.java

In my case this won't help me I guess?! I need something more abstract.

>> I already tried to search in the development manuals of LibreOffice
>> and OpenOffice but there was no result. Perhaps anyone of you guys
>> could help?
>
> 	Cf. above, if you can help write up a nice nice page in the LibreOffice
> wiki, with some sample / template / "Hello World" / skeleton code making
> this easy as you unwind it, that'd be much appreciated.

I will do that for sure, but first I will need to fix this problem :)

Best regards,
Clemens Schulz
--
B.ICT ing. Clemens Schulz - http://www.csz-online.de
                            eMail: webmaster at csz-online.de
get public key from keyserver
Fingerprint 65F1 A86C 5A42 42D8 02E8  9907 2EAD 5221 59FE 3F0A