[Libreoffice] iOS and convert to PDF

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat Nov 12 03:39:59 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 08:30 -0800, BrianS wrote:
> I might be interested in including some LO source in my app, if that can be
> made to work technically and within License restrictions.

	So - in terms of product shipment, you'll want to use the MPL license;
currently that is not possible - but as/when Oracle have finally managed
to get the code under AL2, we'll be applying all our work on top of that
under MPL/LGPLv3+ - that is expected to arrive post LibreOffice 3.5 -
during 3.6 development; I anticipate that done & dusted by the middle of
next year.

>  Since I'm mainly interested in converting documents is it possible
> to isolate that code to a small part of the codebase?

	There is a hope that (by munging the code into a single large shared
libary, and link-time-optimising it) that (if we can get the right
constant propagation: "no UI" eg.) much of the bits we don't need will
be auto-evaporated :-) [ you can but hope ]. Failing that, a number of
cuts to the code will have the same effect.

	HTH,

		Michael.