[Libreoffice] TextSection, TextCursor and component

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 05:16:29 PST 2011

On 14/11/11 00:02, Knut Olav Bøhmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it allowed to insert a TextSection in to a document which was
> created from another document?
> Like this:
>
> 	doc1 = StarDesktop.loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/swriter",
> "_blank", 0, Array())
> 	doc2 = StarDesktop.loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/swriter",
> "_blank", 0, Array())
>
> 	oCursor = doc1.text.createTextCursor()
>
> 	oSect = doc2.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.TextSection")
> 	oSect.setName("SectionName")
> 	oCursor.getText.insertTextContent(oCursor, oSect, True)
>
> (It works, but is it not right to do it that way?)

i am surprised that this works at all: it is not supported, the services
that are created for a document are only supposed to be inserted into
the same document.

> Next question. Can I create a TextSection if I only have a xTextCursor
> or a xTextRange?

hmmm... you'd need to get the model from the cursor somehow...

could not find an obvious way to do this; probably it's necessary to
store the document together with the cursor.