[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-commits] .: sc/inc sc/source

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 06:04:45 PST 2011

Hi Kohei,

On Friday, 2011-11-11 12:17:21 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> > > commit eaea417bfdf8d06df2b7f2e42c904c32ce77e871
> > >     Removing the mixed comparison flag, which is no longer needed.
> >
> > Isn't that needed for MATCH and ([HV])LOOKUP with mixed data such as
> > 1,2,3,b,c,d when queried for "a" would return the last less_or_equal
> > position, hence 3? Or are we now on a good track where when querying for
> > string we always return #N/A if the less_or_equal match is numeric (and
> > vice versa)?
>
> Thanks.  Reverted.  Will try to come up with a different approach then.

IMHO (correct me if I'm wrong) for the sorted range lookup Excel returns
#N/A if the search is of type Text and the last element found for
less_or_equal is of type Number. This is also what ODFF/OpenFormula
defines, for example for VLOOKUP
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018436_715980110

My question was more in the direction if, when the mixed lookup is
removed, we return the correct results for those spreadsheet functions
accordind to ODFF. If yes, then the removal is fine.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD