[Libreoffice] [ANNOUNCE] Partial Build without the need to source Env.Host.sh

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:42:05 PST 2011

Hi all,

Having to source Env.Host.sh to do partial build is a pain, especially
since it polute tour session environment quite a bit and essentially
force you to start a new session eveytime ou need to re-autogen.sh, or
go to another source tree

I've recently pushed a series of patch to alleviate that problem.

First, the patches do not hinder the 'old' way. If you were hapy to
source Env.Host.sh... you can still do it.. nothing changes

Second, after these patches, partial make on gbuildified moduel just
work.. no need to do anything

Third, for dmake module it is still a bit of work to do:
There are two way to do it:
a/ source the brand new build_env file generated during autogen
The purpose of that file is essentially to create the proper aliases
so that build and deliver 'works'

b/ you can
- copy solenv/bin/lo_find_src_root and solenv/bin/lo_proxy_start in a
directory of your choice that is in your normal PATH
- add
alias build='lo_proxy_start build'
alias deliver='lo_proxy_start deliver'

to your .bashrc

then build and deliver will do the 'right thing' based on the current
working directory (that is, you can have more than one copy of the
'core' repo and can go from one to the other in the same session
without having to source/re-source anything).

As usual, if these broke something for you, please ping me.

Norbert

PS: I have not yet changed the build instruction, neither in build.pl
nor on the Wiki...