[Libreoffice] [REVIEWED] Backport reading AES-encrypted ODF 1.2 documents (as genereated by LibO 3.5)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Nov 17 02:10:06 PST 2011

Hi Stephan,

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 10:50 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> <http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=libreoffice.git;a=blob;f=Backport-reading-AES-encrypted-ODF-1.2-documents.patch;h=e6c722598ab05464f09787355b621cbb0aa07c49;hb=e7a803540d408adab3d55fb2ae051ac4be599a72>
> is a patch (actually, four separate patches for the components,
> lib-core, lib-gui, and ure repos) to backport support for reading (but
> not writing) AES-encrypted ODF 1.2 documents to libreoffice-3-4.

	Lovely ! :-) I finally got to review it.

> If people are happy with the linked patch: fine.  If people would prefer
> a cherry-picking approach, I could post a list of relevant commits

	So - I think we don't have the resource to do much more than this.
Clearly we are going to want some to ask for some QA focus in 3.4.next
around document encryption [ particularly interacting with signed
documents from 3.5 ].

> (technically, I produced the patch in a different way, more or less
> applying mav60 to libreoffice-3-4 directly, so do not have that list
> handy).  (And if there are objections against including this in the 3.4
> code line at all, that would of course be fine as well.)

	Sorry for the delay; of course it is a big diff - in particular the
rampant header movement is particularly unhelpful for being able to
actually read what changed ;-) The removal of the XMemoryStream stuff is
interesting too, I assume that is made redundant by some other seekable
caching / fallback means. The property name defines clean up is nice but
not needed.

	Anyhow - assuming it has been tested thoroughly (and I assume so since
it's mostly 3.5 code being back-ported), and assuming we get some heavy
QA for the next 3.4.x release in this area - I think we should get it
in. The user experience regression of not being able to open newly
encrypted documents - and with such an hideous error message (that we
get without this fix) is just too bad :-)

	Out of interest - has Fedora shipped this yet ? and what was the
feedback like ?

	Thanks !

		Michael.