[Libreoffice] xmllint problem validating using ODF RelaxNG

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Nov 17 09:45:10 PST 2011

Hi Dag & Daniel,

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 14:43 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> There is a (known) problem when using xmllint with the ODF RelaxNG schema,
> that causes xmllint to fail with error message:
>
>      Unimplemented block at relaxng.c:8948

	Hopefully we're not doing validation in LibreOffice on load/save - but
this is more of an xmllint feature, so we don't need to update our
internal libxml2.

	Which reminds me - Daniel, we've inherited a number of 'interesting'
patches from OO.o on top of libxml2 and libxmlsec which are in git here:

	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/libxml2
	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/libxmlsec

	(not a well formed report I'm afraid, and some are prolly uninteresting
pragmatic nasties for internal compilation); We're using libxml2-2.7.6
and xmlsec1-1.2.4 - prolly somewhat out of date due to the validation
cost of updating them.

> Thanks to Daniel for the excellent support :-)

	And thanks for your heads up & nice to have Daniel on the CC of a mail
again, it's been a while (somehow) :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.