[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] translate German -> English

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sun Nov 20 02:22:24 PST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 09:17:21AM +0100, Luc Castermans wrote:

> Yes.  I confim LPLv3+MPL 1.1 are applicable for previous + future
> work.

OK, thanks. I pushed the patch. I also changed a few things in the
translation, see http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=007a00589d750a84909e138e19c921f910dd3c81

Of particular note:

 * re-calculate -> recalculate, same with redraw.

 * please do not introduce tabs in indentation!

 * it is OK in English, too, to put a conditional at the beginning of
   a sentence. Compare:

- // also for system windows on top trigger an update, otherwise
- // holes would remain
+ // trigger an update also for system windows on top of us,
+ // otherwise holes would remain

   I find my version much easier to parse / understand

 * The following did not make sense to me (does not parse as an
   English sentence):

   If this check gives problems a flag should be introduced
   which checks if the window after Show was
   already sent

   I rewrote it the best I could, I'm not 100% sure of it.

--
Lionel