[Libreoffice] help asked/offered for bug 36555

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Nov 23 02:39:33 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:14:33AM +0100, Winfried Donkers wrote:

>> Then, I'd like to look at the values of "$ac_delim_n" and
>> "$ac_delim_num";

> result is (appart from error messages as above) 6 times
> ***** ac_delim_n: 'File STDIN:
> '8 lines match
> ***** ac_delim_num: 'File STDIN:
> '8 lines match

>> Can you try in a shell:
>> printf 'a\nb\na\nb\na\nb\na\nb\na\nb\n' | grep -c a
>> It should output just "5" (and a newline) and nothing else.

> correct :)

So it does *not* output:

 File STDIN: 5 lines match

Then I think you (from your shell) and ./configure use a different
grep, and the grep that ./dmake/configure uses behaves differently
than expected: configure expects that "grep -c FOO" outputs JUST the
number, but the grep it uses outputs:

 File BAR: N lines match

You can test which grep is being used by inserting in configure:

printf '********* grep is: %s\n' "'$(command -v grep)'"
printf '********* PATH is: %s\n' "'$PATH'"

Compare that from your shell and from ./dmake/configure, find why the
PATH is "wrong" from within ./dmake/configure and you will hopefully
be on your way :)

> (On the machine is installed (it was already there) Borland
> C++Builder and QtCreator, with paths to Borland directories)

Hmm... Do the Borland directories and/or QtCreator include a "grep"?
That could be it, remove them from PATH; you don't have to do that
session-wide, only in the shell that you build LibreOffice from.

--
Lionel