[Libreoffice] LibreOffice always crashing, so removed it and installed latest one: now won't even open

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 07:59:17 PST 2011

Unfortunately my LibreOffice install hasn't been working right.

My old LibreOffice wouldn't crash, as long as I didn't do anything
fancy (Ctrl+X or Zotero->Insert Citation).

But I wanted to upgrade in order to stop it from crashing at all.

So I uninstalled my old version, removed reg conflicts with CCleaner,
then downloaded+installed latest version of LibreOffice.

Now I can't even open LibreOffice. My custom install involved adding
Hebrew, Japanese and the two Chinese offerings.

I have JRE and JDK version 6 Update 26 x64 installed on my Windows 8
Dev Preview x64 machine.

Please help me get LibreOffice working.

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor