[Libreoffice] Question about IAccessibility2

Christophe Strobbe christophe.strobbe at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Nov 23 10:03:14 PST 2011

Hi Regina,

At 23:11 21-11-2011, Regina Henschel wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have started to implement the attribute "stroke-linecap".

I assume this refers to svg:stroke-linecap
(§20.164 in the ODF 1.2 spec, which refers to
stroke properties in the SVG spec:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/painting.html#StrokeProperties>).

>I come across "IAccessibility2" in files
>/core/cui/source/tabpages/tabline.hrc
>/core/cui/source/tabpages/tabline.src
>There are some string resources defined like
>#define STR_END_LENGTH      41
>Some are commented out in lines 125 to 134 in
>tabline.hrc. Such string resources are used in method SetAccessibleName in
>/core/cui/source/tabpages/tpline.cxx

SetAccessibleName is a method that exists in several accessibility APIs, e.g.
* ATK: atk_object_set_name:
<http://developer.gnome.org/atk/stable/AtkObject.html#atk-object-set-name>
* Java:
<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/accessibility/AccessibleContext.html#setAccessibleName%28java.lang.String%29>
* Microsoft:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776383.aspx>:
"IAccessibleObject::SetAccessibleName method"

>I see them for some controls but not for all,
>especially not for maLBEdgeStyle.
>
>(1) What they are used for?
>(2) Why they are set for some controls but not for all?
>(3) Do I have to define such a string for my new linecap style list box?

I don't know what the "accessible name" for a
stroke-linecap would be (i.e. when it is present
in ODF content). However, if you are referring to
a list box where an author can choose between
different stroke-linecap styles, I would
definitely give those options an accessible name
(e.g. butt cap, round cap and square cap, which I found in the SVG spec).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Christophe

--