[Libreoffice] errors in idl files

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Nov 23 11:14:23 PST 2011

Hi Tomas,

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 18:02 +0100, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:
> I would like to report a few errors in idl files, see below.

	It seems mst fixed them already, but thanks !

> Also, is the binary format of the binary rdb files specified and
> described somewhere?

	Hah - that thing is a total mess & write-off; the format is very
wasteful, and I know of no docs - if there are they're obsolete since we
changed it.

	The best thing to read is the code that reads/writes that which lives
in the:

	store/source/

	module in 'core'. The original idea of this was some transactional
in-file filing system that could store your E-mail (for the original
mail-app); it is horribly over-engineered and under-performant for what
we want - and we're dying for a replacement / re-write. The existing UNO
APIs provide a read/write capability that is un-necessary as well; it'd
be fine to create that just once at compile time and never touch it
again.

	Of course; if you want to see what is in a .rdb file, just use
'regview' from the solver/*/*/bin on it to see it as text.

	Thanks for digging into this !

	ATB,

		Michael