[Libreoffice] how to acquire an ScDocument reference "from scratch"

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:48:52 PST 2011

2011/11/24 Kevin Hunter <hunteke at earlham.edu>:
> At 7:56pm -0500 Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>>
>> Can you explain in a bit more detail what you want to do. You can't
>> just create a new ScDocShell, you always need to do some
>> initialisation before. Depending on what you want to do you should
>> not need to create the ScDocShell yourself.
>
> Well, I'd like to have some way of creating a new ScDocument.  In looking
> through sc/qa/unit/ucalc.cxx, it /appears/ that all I need do is:

Still my question. Ehat do you want to do. We have several ways to
create a new document depending on the place in the code. The method
used in ucalc is nothing we should do outside of a unit test. So you
please explain with some sentences for what you need a new document,
which part of the code you want to modify and why you think that you
need to create an own ScDocShell?

Regards,
Markus