[Libreoffice] Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 01:14:29 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 00:10 +0100, Rob Snelders wrote:
> When it failed I downloaded the moztools-static.zip from the
> mozilla-buildtools-ftp and put that in the buildtools-directory. But
> that also didn't help.
>
> Does anybody knows why this error is given?

We need to build "nss", and nss requires the mozilla build tooling under
windows, regardless of whether mozilla itself is built it not. nss is
used by a few things directly by LibreOffice, not just as a build-req
for the mozilla stuff.

Easiest to install the mozilla tools installer from
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32 and run
it, it will install into something like c:\mozilla-tools

and configure with --with-mozilla-build=/c/mozilla-tools (or whereever
it does)

C.