[Libreoffice] errors in idl files

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 12:51:38 PST 2011

On 11/24/2011 08:24 PM, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:
> Are there any native implementations of the UNO RPC protocol so far,
> e.g. for Java or is everybody going through FFI?

Java has its own, pure Java URP implementation.  (And Java chickens out
with regard to reading types.rdb, in that it has its own copy of that
information, in the form of Java class files, one for each relevant
UNOIDL entity.)

But yes, your "additional languages" scenario is yet another reason why
the current types.rdb format is a bad idea.  I would really love to get
this fixed.  Lets see...

Stephan