[Libreoffice] minutes of tech. steering call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Nov 25 01:48:22 PST 2011

Hi Bjoern,

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 05:56 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> One allnigher later, its to late for opinions. Implemented with:

	This looks like a real improvement, that will make subsequentcheck much
more useful, and me (at least) more likely to care about running it :-)

> Still might need some tuning (core file location for example,
> superfluous gdb output), but it basically works:
>  ulimit -c unlimited && make subsequentcheck

	I was wondering whether we could not hook the existing crash-reporter
SEGV code, and dump the 'backtrace' output in a file-name pulled from an
environment variable (that we could easily set in the makefile rule).
But of course working from the core file we can get more information &
post-mortem debugging / inspection in theory.

> > It seems like soffice.bin crashed during the test excution!
> > Found a core dump at /mnt/striped/bjoern/.jenkins/jobs/libreoffice-master/workspace/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/JunitTest/sw_complex/user, moving it to /mnt/striped/bjoern/.jenkins/jobs/libreoffice-master/workspace/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/JunitTest/sw_complex/user/core.SfR2
> > [...]

	Lovely :-)

> and a hint at the full log:

> > see full error log at /mnt/striped/bjoern/.jenkins/jobs/libreoffice-master/workspace/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/JunitTest/sw_complex/done.log
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/striped/bjoern/.jenkins/jobs/libreoffice-master/workspace/sw'

	So - (for me) the only missing piece now is the ability to quickly (ie.
< 12 minutes) get back to running precisely the failing test;

	Is it easy / possible to print a message at the end (after all this
goodness) saying:

	"run:\ncd sw; make foo_baa_sw_subsequent_check_baz_biff_boff"

	? :-)

	Thanks again for this - a really big improvement :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.