[Libreoffice] PostgreSQL-SDBC in LO: build system help

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Nov 28 01:32:39 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 01:35:25AM +0100, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> On 16/11/11 23:22, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> *** Necessary before pushing to master ***

>>  - Add an option --enable-ext-postgresql-sdbc, similar to
>>    --enable-ext-mysql-connector, and if that option is not given don't
>>    build postgresql-sdbc

> I can give you a hand with this next week. Is it enough?

That's done with the kind help of Norbert Thiebaud. The code is now in
master, but:

>>  - General review of
>>    connectivity/source/drivers/postgresql/makefile.mk
>>  - The .oxt file is created in ${OUTDIR}/lib; that's probably not that
>>    good a choice. MySQL driver seems to do it ${OUTDIR}/bin, shall
>>    PostgreSQL driver do the same?
>>  - The build system currently "just" creates a .oxt file; should
>>    probably be changed to take into account
>>    "--with-extension-integration".

> Will help with this too,

My I kindly remind you of this? We are already missing the beta0
deadline, I'd like not to miss the 3.5 features deadline. Thanks in
advance!

> not sure about the internal postgresql though.

Yeah, keeping it as external is OK; after all, we do that for the
MySQL C client library, too.

--
Lionel