[Libreoffice] concept for c++ based subsequenttests

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 16:17:44 PST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 06:22:11PM -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> So, this suggests that we first write test in python, then later rewrite
> it in C++, or would python tests stay in python?

It wouldnt scare me if quite a few would not be promoted to C++, so I wouldnt
force people to do rewrites. One could keep the Python tests as the broad
base providing wide code coverage and rewrite to C++ whenever it appears
sensible (e.g. test is too slow in Python or test is fast and often violated
and thus should become an in-build test). After all a test that succeeds is not
really interesting, once the test fails -- or even crashes LO -- it is getting
interesting.

Best,

Bjoern