[Libreoffice] Support of use-optimal-column-width property in calc file

Da Scritch xaviermd at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 08:36:48 PDT 2011

Hi

I'm developping an export platform for website datas, and creating .ods
files
One of the main problems I have is about column width adaptation

I tried to use "use-optimal-column-width" but it doesn't seem to be
understood by my kubuntu version of LibreOffice (LibreOffice 3.3.3
OOO330m19 (Build:301) tag libreoffice-3.3.3.1, Ubuntu package
1:3.3.3-1ubuntu2)

So i think i made a mistake.
I tried that http://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Optimal_Column_Width in one of
my files, and save it and look at the generated code :
In content.xml, width are hard calculated
<office:automatic-styles><style:style style:name="co1"
style:family="table-column"><style:table-column-properties
fo:break-before="auto" style:column-width="4.025cm"/></style:style>
but strangely, height seems automatics :
fo:break-before="auto" style:use-optimal-row-height="true"/></style:style>

Did I made a mistake, or there is today no auto width support ?