[Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Fix for bug fdo#41310 - Need more room for localized string

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 01:44:50 PDT 2011

Hi,

2011/10/3 Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com>:
>        The fontsize -should- be immaterial, the dialog layout units should be
> specified in a way that scales with font size, so that shouldn't be a
> problem.
>
>> I have no Windows nor Mac box to test the patch.
>
>        I wouldn't worry about that; these dialog pieces should work well
> across platforms.

That's the theory, but in my experience many string clipping problems
occur only on Linux which uses bigger font size by default. Physical
dialog coordinates scale with the font size but the algorithm is not
perfect. So I wouldn"t worry about Windows and Mac should be OK, too
(or at least not worse).

Best regards,
Andras